Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NederlandIT
Amsterdam – As an experienced Scala Engineer you will play a critical role in transforming the technical landscape supporting our three car platforms, with the vision of bringing them into a unified modern micro service architecture.
Who are we
Automotive Mediaventions consists of three brands: AutoTrack, Gaspedaal & Autowereld. We list thousands of dealers and hundreds of thousands of cars on these platforms. Currently, our team is busy with multiple technology transformations within our technical landscape. Our priorities are being a great place to work as an engineer and delivering high-quality products and services.
Our teams are dedicated to building high-quality automotive websites with the purpose of helping millions of people find their next car every month. We list thousands of dealers and hundreds of thousands of cars on our platforms, and we work in a high-performance, high-availability scenario where quality takes priority over speed.
What will you be doing
We are currently replacing parts of our main application with microservices while we keep serving over 12 million page views a month. You will help us by figuring out how we can continue to deliver value while replacing small parts of our applications incrementally. You will also contribute to a modern distributed microservices system architecture, building services for high volume traffic and working with lots of data. Your main focus is:
- Applying knowledge of software engineering, as well as coding best practices that minimise tech and architecture debt;
- Architecting, designing, developing, deploying and operating services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner;
- Continuously search for the most efficient way of building software to prove ideas, and know how to harden these successful outcomes into a performant architecture that is scalable.
- An experience-based salary
- 12% personal choice budget (of which is 8% holiday allowance)
- Participating in profit every year.
- 36-hour working week
- Over 350 training opportunities in our own academy. We also pay for your training that isn't in our academy. If you'd like to become TOGAF certified, we'd be happy to offer you this.
- Does a physical newspaper or magazine on your doormat make you happy? We offer you a subscription of your choice!
- We also offer travel allowance, a flexible work allowance and a staff discount for specific options.
- Please see more about our Tech colleagues and what we do here
Even more reasons to work at DPG Media
At DPG Media, we work for more than 90 strong news brands, magazines, television shows, radio stations, and online services such as Qmusic, NU.nl, Tweakers, Libelle, and VTM. Although we look like a media group, we are really a tech company. We get digital transformation done.
We offer a high-performing tech workplace where we treasure freedom, from how you find solutions to choosing your path. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice, a team player, and, of course, to be you. We welcome everyone to apply, whatever your background may be. A great bunch of smart colleagues awaits you and are eager for you to join the team, whether that be a project team, a pub quiz team, or a sports team.
Learn what we have to offer you or get to know our tech company! And while you’re at it, you can find us on LinkedIn and Twitter too.
Who you are
For this role, we are really looking for someone who can translate business needs and problems into software solutions. Also, you should be interested in industry developments and good at keeping your knowledge relevant and recent.
Several years of experience in OOP/FP (Java/Scala) to demonstrate a level of maturity;
Experience with Akka, Axon or Event Sourcing and/or CQRS;
Having worked in an Agile environment;
Comfortable working with AWS or other cloud environments.
Strong experience with most of our technologies.
Patient and a strong team player.
Familiarity with Linux systems (terminal should not scare you).
Experience with GitOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
Will you be our new colleague? Then apply now!
Want to know more first? I would be happy to answer your questions via email@example.com.