DevEx Engineer - Senior Full Stack
Antwerpen, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiëIT
For our new ‘Developer Experience’ squad, we are actively looking for experienced developers. You will be part of a highly motivated team carrying the mission of creating a productive and collaborative environment for the DPG Media Developer community. As a senior developer, you will connect with your peers to understand their needs and preferences, in order to create tools, services, and practices that streamline the development process, foster the adoption of best practices, and promote code reusability.
As a senior Developer at DPG Media you will be joining a team of more than 500 IT colleagues. Each and every one of us is driven by the passion for our products and we find teamwork, taking initiative and having an agile mindset to be important. You will be working in a cross-functional Scrum team, a.k.a. a ‘Squad’.
How can you make a difference?
- Your focus is primarily on software development. You have experience with Node.js, JS, Backend Web Framework (Express), & Frontend Framework (React / Material UI)
- The operational mantra is: “you build it, you run it”. You are familiar with Devops practice and common toolchains: Repositories, CI/CD Pipeline(s), IaC, Issue Tracking systems, etc
- You love learning new things and that you keep a close eye on technological evolutions.
Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
Your key strengths:
- Must-have knowledge: you have experience with Node.js, JS, Backend Web Framework (Express), & Frontend Framework (React / Material UI)
- Nice-to-have knowledge: Backstage, Typescript, AWS.
- The following notions/tools are self-evident to you: Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design, Clean Code & Architecture, Git, JIRA, Confluence, CI/CD, You build it, you run it!
- Curious and open-minded
- Good Communication skills, Interest in Community / Squad technology enablement
- Previous involvement in open source projects would be a +
- Critical, always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
- In short, an agile mindset!
- Located in Antwerp (or remotely)
- You will work with AWS
- You will do front-end / back-end development in our new developer portal.
- You will interact with developers from various business area to understand their need and build a community Besides hard skills,
- you also have good soft skills. Good communication skills are a must for this role.
Are you up for this challenge? Contact us!