Medior Back End Engineer @ Editorial Area (Shire)
Antwerpen, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiëIT
Antwerp - As a medior backend engineer you will join our teams that works on our Digital Article Editor and build technology based on the AWS Cloud with Fargate/EC2 containers, Lambda’s, MongoDB.
Depending on the requirements we believe you should use the right tool for the job. Most of our backend services are written in either Java or Typescript. We use React and other modern technologies in the frontend.
For us it’s crucial that all team members are multi-skilled. So even the most seasoned Backend Engineers give a little bit of love to the Front End from time to time.
You’ll work with a small team that is experienced with remote pairing. You’ll be in control of the technology choices and work closely with an architect to ensure cross-domain and team decisions allow us to keep iterating on our products quickly and reliably.
Who are we?
On a daily basis hundreds of journalists of our major brands publish thousands of articles on our products such as AD, HLN, de Volkskrant.
In order to write digital articles we provide articles with an article editor that allows them to publish articles to an article display detail that ensures the article is always displayed as intended.
With our teams for digital article publishing and display we build an article editing environment that is reliable, collaborative and predictable.
Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
Your key strengths?
- Must-have knowledge : Amazon Web Services, Java 11, database technologies (relational as well as document based), REST, Spring and Hibernate
- Front End stack(s) : React, Typescript, HTML, CSS,....
- CI/CD knowledge : Maven/Gradle, Bitbucket pipelines, docker, ECS, fargate
- Beyond that, DDD, the SOLID principles and Clean Code hold no secrets for you.. TDD/BDD are second nature to you and you’ve at least heard of Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- Agile mindset and relevant experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment as we're switching to an AWS cloud.
This vacancy is for our office in Antwerp where we spend 1 (sometimes 2) day(s) a week.