Hoofddorp, Noord-Holland, NederlandIT
Hoofddorp / Amsterdam - What if you can work on a high performance platform... which is greenfields... has no legacy... has a very bright future... and has the safety net of a bigger corporate? That'd be interesting, right?
Our community platforms Tweakers, Hardware info, Ouders van Nu, Autoweek and vtwonen were running on a platform which benefited from a serious upgrade. As such, one of our departments has built a modular platform from scratch about a 1,5 year ago. With this, we have created a future-proof, and high-quality platform which services our community members to the best we can. And we're on boarding more niche brands / communities in the future!
Technically speaking, our focus has been to build a high performance platform for millions of users, with a modern micro-service architecture and frameworks. Quality is important for us, which is why we highly value user experience, test coverage, performance and security. We just launched our first brand on our new platform: https://www.vtwonen.nl/.
What you will do
- together with the team, you ensure high performance and solid security
- working with Infrastructure-as-code completely in Terraform, AWS and Kubernetes for the further development of this central platform
- developing API integrations and API design, which is applied in the micro-service development stack
- Together with the product team, editorial, marketeers and sales you will provide the best experience that we can!
- An experience-based salary;
- 36-hour workweek;
- 12% personal choice budget (of which 8% is holiday allowance);
- Participation in the profit sharing arrangement;
- Personal development opportunities such as education, training and certificates;
- Location in Amsterdam;
- Working with the latest stack.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who has no issues sharing their opinion. A team player who likes to achieve the best quality. Additionally, you've:
- experience building either platforms or high traffic sites
- about 3 years of professional experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- experience with third-party APIs, OpenAPI Specification and frameworks
- You're used to working with Git, CI/CD and Unit testing
It would be even better if you've experience with:
- microservice architecture with BFF
- Akamai (CDN and WAF)
As the largest media company in the Netherlands, we are open to all talents in our society. We call on candidates with a diverse background - in the broadest sense of the word - to apply for this position. It’s the differences between colleagues that lead to surprising insights and innovative solutions. And that, in turn, fits very well with us as an organization. We are curious about you, your qualities, and your experience.
Will you be our new colleague? Then apply now!
Want to know more first? I would be happy to answer your questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer to do our recruitment ourselves and do not need any help with this.
Even more reasons to work at DPG Media
At DPG Media, we work for more than 90 strong news brands, magazines, television shows, radio stations, and online services such as Qmusic, NU.nl, Tweakers, Libelle, and VTM. Although we look like a media group, we are really a tech company. We get digital transformation done.
We offer a high-performing tech workplace where we treasure freedom, from how you find solutions to choosing your path. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice, a team player, and, of course, to be you. We welcome everyone to apply, whatever your background may be. A great bunch of smart colleagues awaits you and are eager for you to join the team, whether that be a project team, a pub quiz team, or a sports team
Learn what we have to offer you or get to know our tech company! And while you’re at it, you can find us on LinkedIn and Twitter too.