Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NederlandIT
Amsterdam – As an experienced DevOps Engineer you will play a critical role in challenging the current setup of our three car platform brands running in AWS, with the vision of bringing them into a unified platform.
What will you be doing
- Challenging the current setup of our three car platform brands running in AWS with the vision of bringing them into unified platform.
- Work closely with our development teams in order to help facilitate transition to a self-steering approach.
- Automate and optimise our infrastructure leveraging GitOps and IaaC ( infrastructure as a code - primarily with Terraform).
- Design and deliver AWS platform infrastructure following best practices and your experience.
- Design and deliver a robust and highly-performant CI/CD solutions.
Our teams are dedicated to building high-quality automotive websites with the purpose of helping millions of people find their next car every month. We list thousands of dealers and hundreds of thousands of cars on our platforms, and we work in a high-performance, high-availability scenario where quality takes priority over speed.
Technologies/providers you will work with include (but are not limited to): AWS Cloud Services (we use a lot of them), Terraform / Terraform Cloud, Cloudflare, Kubernetes (running on EKS), New Relic, Prometheus, Kibana, AWS OpenSearch, Github Actions
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% personal choice budget (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- Participation in the profit sharing arrangement.
- Personal development opportunities such as education, training and certificates.
- Location in Amsterdam (currently we work from home).
- Working with the latest stack.
- Knowledge sharing from our tech colleagues.
Even more reasons to work at DPG Media
At DPG Media, we work for more than 90 strong news brands, magazines, television shows, radio stations, and online services such as Qmusic, NU.nl, Tweakers, Libelle, and VTM. Although we look like a media group, we are really a tech company. We get digital transformation done.
We offer a high-performing tech workplace where we treasure freedom, from how you find solutions to choosing your path. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice, a team player, and, of course, to be you. We welcome everyone to apply, whatever your background may be. A great bunch of smart colleagues awaits you and are eager for you to join the team, whether that be a project team, a pub quiz team, or a sports team.
Learn what we have to offer you or get to know our tech company! And while you’re at it, you can find us on LinkedIn and Twitter too.
- Strong experience with most of our technologies/providers, especially Kubernetes.
- Patient and a strong team player.
- Familiarity with Linux systems (terminal should not scare you).
- Experience with GitOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- Understanding of Cloud Delivery Network, along with securing application with WAF (Web Application Firewall).
As the largest media company in the Netherlands, we are open to all talents in our society. We call on candidates with a diverse background - in the broadest sense of the word - to apply for this position. It’s the differences between colleagues that lead to surprising insights and innovative solutions. And that, in turn, fits very well with us as an organization. We are curious about you, your qualities, and your experience.
Will you be our new colleague? Then apply now!
Want to know more first? I would be happy to answer your questions via email@example.com.
We prefer to do our recruitment ourselves and do not need any help with this.