Head of Product Analytics
Amsterdam - In this role as head of product analytics, you will be guiding our product organization towards one that experiments by default and uses data to steer product development for brands such as Volkskrant, Algemeen Dagblad, NU.nl, and many more.
What you will be doing
You are responsible for managing and working hands on with the analytics team that provides the product teams with analysis, testing capabilities, analytical models, and UX research. You and your team will work on generating new datasets, maintain and develop new data models, develop A/B testing capabilities and analyze customer and product behavior. Additionally, you work on pragmatic algorithmic solutions to point teams in the direction where they bring the most value.
Your key responsibilities:
- Grow and manage a team of data engineers, analysts, and UX researchers
- Build pragmatic models that can run in our high volume production environment to improve our products
- Build an A/B testing capability within DPG that can be used for both product and content development
- Collaborate and communicate with the product and marketing teams to understand business needs and proactively find the most relevant questions and areas for further research.
- Help define KPIs and metrics that are measurable and closest to overall business performance
- Gather and analyze data to validate or invalidate common assumptions about the business
- Occasionally build dashboards and reports around growth initiatives and business priorities, in collaboration with business owners
- Facilitate a data-driven culture (e.g.: by presenting your analysis, finding areas for improvement in data and explaining those, empowering the teams to find and explore their own data, etc.)
- An experience-based salary.
- 36-hour workweek.
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance).
- A percentage of profit shares.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- 24 paid holiday days.
- Location in Amsterdam.
- Fully paid functional technical training.
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack.
Who are you
- Living in The Netherlands or Belgium
- 8+ years of experience in a relevant role
- 3+ years of recent experience managing teams
- Proficient in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Experienced SQL skills (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Hadoop, Redshift, Spark and/or similar tools
- You require a very strong business sense, a pragmatic approach and focus on building a solid analytics capability.
- Strong technical skills, statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to convey complex analysis results clearly to all levels of stakeholders
Are you going to be our new colleague? Apply now!
Do you still have some more questions? I will happily answer those via firstname.lastname@example.org +316 83 80 00 59. A WhatsApp message is also possible.
We love doing our own recruitment and are not interested in working with agencies.